Sunday, August 17, 2008

These are the people in my neighbourhood...

My apartment is hot and stuffy. Right now, and in general too; my apartment generally has poor air circulation.

Right now outside, it is cool and refreshing.

One might suggest I open up the windows and let the air flow as best as it can.

If only it were so simple.

Most of the air flows through the house North-to-South, meaning that the LAST room to get any fresh air is my (South-facing) bedroom. Perpetuating the mugginess and warmness.

But just enough wind goes the other way for the marijuana smoke from my neighbours' balcony to blow straight toward my windows. This triggers my asthma, allergies, and my highly-sensitive anger reflex.

So, were I to leave my windows open overnight or while I am out for the evening, I run a pretty good risk of my apartment reeking of burnt shit when I wake up or return home. Not to mention the equally high chance that I'd be woken up in the middle of the night by my neighbours' terrible, blaring music and loud banter.

I need a lot of good sleep, and I am not a happy grouch when I don't get my beauty sleep.

- RG>

3 comments:

jason said...

So ask your neighbours to smoke the demon weed out on the front porch instead?

RealGrouchy said...

That is where they smoke it; there is no back porch. When they smoke it inside, the back part of the apartment reeks. That's as though they would be open to such a suggestion anyway--which they aren't. :(

Anonymous said...

What you need to do is tell your neighbours that if you ever catch them smoking their doppy there again that you will personally shove their smoke somewhere the sun doesn’t shine.

It worked for me at this end of town and never had a problem since.