Thursday, August 07, 2008

Metal railroad-spike bicyclist figurine from OFM

I picked up this little trinket at the Ottawa Farmer's Market earlier this year. It's a little metal bicyclist figurine. The cyclist's torso and head are an old railroad spike. This particular piece is mounted on a piece of driftwood.

I had wanted to take a photo of it before buying to show to my many cyclist friends, at least a couple of whom I think would be interested in buying them, but the artist didn't allow me to take a photo of it (and his many other works) on his table. So I bought one and can now photograph it to my heart's content!

For this photo, I set it on the metal stairs of my fire escape, to match the industrial nature of the figurine's construction:


I quite like it.

- RG>

4 comments:

Monocle Barbie said...

it looked like a lizard before i saw that it was composed of a railroad spike. in fact, it still looks that way.

Anonymous said...

THat is actually a piece made By ROLAND METAL ART, located in carrolltown Pa. I have many pieces like it of various sports!

Anonymous said...

This is a peice made by ROLAND METAL ART! I have many peices like it, in various sports!

RealGrouchy said...

While it's very similar, I can assure you that this is created by an Ottawa-area artist.

- RG>