Saturday, November 10, 2007

Kill A Watt for free in Ottawa

A couple months ago, a friend of mine mentioned online that she had used a device called the Kill A Watt (description, photos and review available here) to determine how much power her idle electronic devices use.

Lately, I've been wanting to do the same, but since the $30 or so price tag for the device is half my last hydro bill, I didn't really want to shell out for one. (Looking at my records, my hydro bills in the last year range from $62.88 to $195.38. Ottawa Hydro bills every two months)

It turns out that in Ottawa, I won't have to.

The Ottawa Public Library has a number of Kill A Watt devices at each of their branches. And according to their online catalogue, almost none of them are in use.

I'll definitely check one out...of the library!

- RG>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I was trying to find one of these online to buy - yet I live a few blocks away from the Library in Ottawa.

Thanks for the tip :)