Sunday, June 06, 2004

Hello, world!

Hi!

My name is RealGrouchy. I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and have long wanted to have a blog where I could respond to stuff in the media, like in my local paper(s), and on TV.

Don't get me wrong, I have had a number of letters to the editor posted (twice with photos!), and have phoned in to cable talk shows, but there is just so much to comment on, and when I send a letter to a paper, it is well researched and has a good, sound argument. This is where I will be posting everything that does not meet this criteria.

I like to contribute to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I encourage you to do so, as everybody knows something about something. Even if you don't, you can do something easy like adding to the list of songs or something. My username there is also RealGrouchy, so drop me a line sometime.

Anyways, this weekend, there's a city-wide event going on called Doors Open Ottawa where lots of places that are not normally accessible to the public let people in to see what's inside. Yesterday I visited OC Transpo, our local bus service, to see what kind of stuff was in in their control centre. Really cool stuff! But what I'm getting at is that I don't want to waste more time writing this when I can go out and visit some more places today.

TTYL,

- RG.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.